M Media & Design (mm&d) is an award-winning full service marketing agency based at Fusion Hive in Stockton-On-Tees. In April 2015 we launched Academy Creative, an exciting new brand operating extensively in the eduction sector. The interest and growth of Academy Creative has created the need for us to build the core team, so we are now looking to employ a full time lead developer to head up the digital team and provide insight on all things digital.
The role will focus on the web, primarily the LAMP and LEMP stack; so expertise in this area is essential. The ideal candidate will have a strong development background, with experience in the provision (and administration) of a dedicated linux hosting infrastructure. Familiarity with virtualised and cloud based infrastructures is also required.
You will be working alongside a team with years of experience in an open and relaxed environment where you’ll be able to drive projects forward, while also developing junior members of the team and supporting our growing business development. While prior management experience is not essential, you will be expected to shape and manage the development team to meet the needs of the business.
What are we looking for academically?
- 4 or more years experience in a web development role
- A degree level qualification in a relevant discipline
- A proven track record working with web technologies
- A creative thinker with good communication
– The ability to create and maintain project specifications and supporting documentation
– A proven track record managing and meeting project deadlines
– The ability to support existing web based projects
– The drive to monitor and maintain quality in all digital media produced
What kind of technology do we use at the minute?
- On the front end we tend to use HTML5, CSS, jQuery and bootstrap
- On the back end we tend to use MySQL, PHP, Laravel
- Our creative team use Adobe Creative Suite
- We work on Mac’s and store everything GIT
If you you’ve got the skills but lack something specific in the above, thats not the end of the world and we won’t be offended so please feel free to apply.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your up to date CV.